Head back to basics with a series of introductory and overview courses on selected Microsoft products - Teams, OneNote, Power BI and Automate.
Our training courses are instructor-led and conducted virtually through Microsoft Teams.
If you intend to join the training session from outside Australia, please contact us directly at email@example.com. The public link for each training session only works for users located within Australia.
For information and updates on training and future course dates, please register for the Digital Profession.
Microsoft Teams – introduction
In this one-hour course you’ll discover how Teams can drive your collaboration and productivity workflow, and how to create and participate in a successful Team.
You’ll learn how:
- to navigate Teams processes and understand key application features
- integrate with other Microsoft 365 products and how to use your digital identity across Microsoft 365 products
- to work more efficiently with connected apps
- to create and participate in a successful Team
- to create and participate in meetings.
Microsoft Teams – let's dive deeper
You’ll discover more about Microsoft Teams, specifically the extended functionality of Microsoft Whiteboard, Tasks and Lists. This session will cover the how and why behind each of these features, as well as best practices in usage, and how best to integrate them into your existing Teams workflow.
- how to navigate and understand the core functionality of Microsoft Lists
- how to create, share and track lists – from scratch or from templates
- how to create, organise and share Plans – and stay on top
- how to assign Tasks and stay on top using charts, calendars, and views
- how to integrate Lists with Sharepoint Online and Teams
- how to work with Planner in Teams or Sharepoint, and integrate with M365.
From using templates and ‘drawing your thoughts’ to inserting videos and content from the web, this introductory course ensures you’re making the best use of OneNote.
You’ll learn how to:
- access OneNote through Teams, office.com and desktop/mobile
- use the Draw Your Thoughts functionality
- annotate notes
- use the Ink to Text and Ink to Math tools
- insert audio, video and other files
- save content from the web
- access OneNote in Teams, including creating a tab for Group OneNote.
Microsoft Power BI
Power BI lets you easily connect to your data sources, visualise what’s important and share with other users in your organisation. In this course you’ll learn how to build your own dashboard using Power BI.
- about Power BI and how its services and applications work together
- how Power BI can make your business more efficient
- the building blocks of a Power BI dashboard
- how to connect a data source to a Power BI dashboard and begin visualising data
- how to save a report and share it within the Power BI tool.
Microsoft Power Automate
Power Automate helps you automate your everyday tasks. It works across some of the most popular apps and services with automated tasks called Flows. In this 1-hour workshop you will receive an overview of the product, a live demonstration and learn how to make your first Flow.
- what Flow is and how to access it
- what are Flow components, its triggers and actions
- what the Flow workspace looks like, and the various functionality available
- how to create your first Flow using the available components.