Our Dell Women in IT Executive Mentoring program is for talented EL2 women in APS who want to progress as a leader within the digital landscape. Sponsored by Dell, this program matches senior executive mentors with female EL2 mentees from across government. It aims to help women develop their potential as a leader in digital.
The Women in IT Executive Mentoring (WITEM™) is a mentoring and coaching program sponsored by Dell™. Our program develops APS women as leaders in senior digital and ICT roles. Over the past 13 years, around 400 people have participated in WITEM™.
We match senior executive mentors with EL2 women from across government. Mentees work with their mentor and other mentees in developing networks and career.
WITEM™ is delivered over 12 months. At a minimum, each mentor and mentee pair are expected to commit to a 1-hour catch-up each month. In addition, the program provides:
- an induction
- guidance/information session
- program launch
- mid-program face-to-face session
- a wrap-up and forward planning session
- other networking events.
Mentees will also participate in facilitated group discussions, where they can safely share their experiences.
The cost is approximately $2750 (inclusive of GST) per mentee participant (excluding travel to program events). There is no charge for a mentor to participate.
Benefits of the program
The WITEM™ program has been refreshed to better support mentors and mentees – with more learning resources and opportunities to connect across government.
Mentees will benefit from:
- customised guidance on career development
- feedback on roadblocks or issues
- developing professional relationships with their mentor and peers
- learning about new perspectives in digital and government.
For mentors, the benefits are:
- growing as a manager and leader, while helping others develop
- guiding new leaders by sharing personal ideas and experiences
- exposure to ideas and experiences outside of usual communication channels
- access to talent for potential collaboration or recruitment.
Applying for the program
The program accepts nominations for mentor and mentee positions. We encourage senior executives to become a WITEM™ mentor. We also welcome applications from past mentees with an interest in becoming a mentor.
Mentees will require the endorsement of an SES leader/delegate as part of the application process.
If you want to grow as a leader, or help foster new leaders, applications for the 2022-2023 WITEM™ program are scheduled to open in March 2022.
If you have any questions about the WITEM™ program or would like to place your name on the waiting list for future WITEM™ programs, please email email@example.com